Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Paid Time Off: two weeks paid vacation
Medical Insurance: 100% Reimbursement for Health Insurance Premium
Principal is looking for a live-in Family Assistant. Accommodations will be a studio apartment attached to the main house. The ideal candidate will love to multi-task and wear many different hats. This is a new position for the family and the ideal candidate will to need to have flexibility while the job progresses. The ideal candidate must be an independent self-starter, also must be a forward thinking & creative problem solver. This position will be primarily taking care of the Mrs.’ needs on a daily basis.
Prefer local candidates, but will be open to out of state candidates for the right person with ties to the Pittsburgh area.
- Personal house management duties including but not limited to; run packages and ship items, pick up dry cleaning, grocery shopping, take out garbage & recycling bins weekly, run other errands, etc.
- Feed & take care of 5 cats on a daily basis
- Driving will be occasionally needed for Principal’s appointments, etc.
- Must love to cook and will be cooking healthy meals once/twice a week
- Some light housekeeping as needed
- Household & personal organization to ensure home is always organized
- Handle any laundry needs on a weekly basis (minimal amount)
- Answer incoming calls and take messages for Principal
- On occasion office support duties for Principal
- Walk home on a nightly basis and make sure home is secured
- Responsible for managing any issues related to home alarms
- Caretaking of property when family is out of town or on vacation to watch over residence
- Traveling will be required multiple times per year; multiple trips to Europe possible along with U.S. travel
- Flexible weekly work schedule Sunday-Thursday, with some weekends as needed; possible hours could be 7-3, 11-7, will vary on Principal’s schedule
- At least three years experience working in a private home
- Willing to drive own vehicle for errands & shopping (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Must have a clean driving record
- Good cooking skills are a must
- Must be cat friendly
- Must be comfortable floral arrangements
- Must be an independent self-starter who is able to learn fast
- Must be flexible and have a “go with the flow” attitude
- Exercise good judgment and discretion
- Physical therapy skills are a plus, basic massage skills
- Must be non-smoking, clean, neat, and professional appearance
- Strong communication skills, must be clear & concise
- Must be able to pass a full background investigation and drug test
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.