Your gardener should have hands-on experience and deep horticultural knowledge, as he or she is responsible for the overall care and upkeep of your lawn, gardens and grounds.
The ideal candidate will be adept in horticultural topics including the plant cycle, pest control, the care of formal and informal gardens, vegetable gardens and fruit trees and more, and should have a background that includes certifications or a degree in horticulture and experience working in private gardening service or working for a high-end landscape provider.
- Upkeep of all grounds
- Maintenance of lawn equipment
- Plant and prune plants, flowers and trees
- Application of insecticides and/or pesticides
- Application of fertilizers and herbicides
- Caretaking tasks, including repair of fences, paths and installations
- Grounds maintenance
- Overseeing vendors, especially landscaping service