Your housekeeper is responsible for keeping your property thoroughly clean and well maintained. The ideal candidate should have strong cleaning and organizational skills, particularly when it comes to handling delicate items like antiques, and a background in private service or experience working for a hotel or a high-end cleaning service.
- Meticulous cleaning and disinfecting of entire house
- Polish and dust wood surfaces
- Vacuum and wax floors
- Properly clean and maintain rugs and carpets
- Gently yet thoroughly clean delicate valuables including antiques, artwork, china, crystal, etc.
- Schedule linen changes; make beds and tidy bedrooms in the morning; turn down bedding at night
- Inventory and care for linens and towels
- Do laundry, ironing and/or basic tailoring (if no laundress)
- Manage cleaning products inventory
- Track and report maintenance issues
- Care for upholstery and drapes
- Keep outdoor social areas tidy
- Help with meal service and social event prep and service as needed