Property Manager or Caretaker
Because this position is responsible for repairs, vehicle and machinery upkeep and dealing with related service vendors and technicians, the ideal candidate must not only be a versatile handyman, but he or she also must have excellent management skills, be personable, organized and thrive under pressure and strict time constraints.
This position commonly works directly with the estate manager on construction and renovation oversight. He or she is responsible for the property year-round, regardless of if the principal is on the premises or not.
- Grounds and inside upkeep and maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues (i.e., broken sprinklers, faults in alarm system, lighting issues, etc.)
- Maintenance of pool, tennis court and/or bath house, if applicable
- Upkeep of vehicles and machinery
- General repairs (i.e. light roofing, repair siding on home, etc.)
- Oversee service/maintenance vendors
- Snow removal (if applicable)
- Help manage construction and renovations